Sorry--the smorgasbord is closed

June 6, 2014

A few deer go behind the garden nearly every morning.  So far they have been happy munching on whatever is growing behind the fence.  I found last year that if I put up a single wire electric fence and keep it energized for about one week I can just leave it off from then on.  A friend mentioned that pigs and cows will keep on testing to see if an electric fence is on--I guess deer are smarter!


It is amazing how fast things are growing in the garden.  I picked nearly a quart of sugar snap peas yesterday and a nice mess of spinach.  I also dug up the rest of the early Pak Choi  and cooked the nicer looking heads up with sesame oil, ginger and garlic (the majority was starting to get buggy and going to seed) .  I then added a few shrimp --not a bad dinner actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment