It's time!

March 13, 2015

I made a quick trip to my favorite greenhouse Wednesday and while they don't have much ready for sale (no surprise there), I took a walk through and found that they already doing the first transplant on their tomato sprouts!  What I did learn was that the trays they start the seeds in have only about 1/2" wells.  Each slot probably only holds 1/2 teaspoon of seed starter.  Their flats were probably 12" x 12", so they each held about a gross of seedlings!

After seeing how far along their tomatoes were, I decided to go ahead and get some of my plants started (I'm counting on an early spring!)  Here is today's progress.


The marigolds, ornamental peppers, "Kroger" peppers, chives and leeks are all doing well.

After planting the new seeds I took my "rolling garden" out so that the plants could get some natural sunlight!



No comments:

Post a Comment